Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Stick a Cork In It, Rourke!

You might be asking yourself, "What do you have against Mickey Rourke?" Well...after seeing the new photo of him in his new role as "Whiplash" (Iron Man 2's new villain), I just felt like I had to give my brief opinion (just like everybody else that blogs in this world).
The only background I know about "Whiplash" is that he hails from Muzzah Russia and that, well, he fights with whips. Judging by the photo, all I can imagine is that Rourke, despite the fact of researching this role by visiting Butyrka prison, will just be the same ol' muttering burnout he always is. Maybe my only gripe is that he's chosen for these character driven roles but is always Mickey Rourke (with the exception of Sin City, but under all the prosthetic make-up, he was still a good ol' muttering burnout).

Sure he was great in The Wrestler. And yeah, he's good in all his other roles. But look at the roles themselves. The reason he's good at them is because they're practically made for him. Okay, I know, what's wrong with that right? I don't know, as much as he's a burnout, I myself feel burnt out on him. Maybe it's due to the fact that he probably has a shady guido pimp as a stylist. Or maybe it's that scumbag smirk he always puts on his face. Or could it be that lame pencil thin mustache that he dons in hopes of personifying some edgy actor. Could it possibly be those greasy locks he refuses to cut regardless of what movie he's in? I don't know. But I'm pretty much over him.

I mean, doesn't Hollywood have enough roid abusing has-beens running around their sets?

No comments: